There is an urgent need to produce more effective treatments for non-healing wounds.
solution proposed by TRT is based on the
unique characteristics of MSF bioactives, including the parental protein (MSF)
and its synthetic mimetics. TRT's
lead compound, TRT-8174, offers a number
of clinical and commercial competitive advantages over currently available
Advanced Wound Care (AWC) treatments. The
scientific, technical and commercial unique selling propositions (USPs) of our
products are closely interlinked.
SCIENTIFIC/TECHNICAL USPs include:
(1) THE LEAD COMPOUND, TRT-8174, is a novel
and unique small synthetic chemical molecule designed to mimic the key three
dimensional binding motif of MSF.
(2) Unlike other advanced wound
care (AWC) medicines, MSF bioactives DO NOT INDUCE CELL PROLIFERATION.
(3) MSF bioactives show unprecedented POTENCY,
eliciting half-maximal activity at femtomolar concentrations in tissue culture
and promoting wound healing in vivo when using only 3-4 applications of
(4) SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION
MECHANISMS show a clear distinction between MSF, which inhibits AKT activation
on the target cells, and other factors used as AWC medicines, which commonly stimulate AKT activation.
bioactivity and expression is MODULATED BY THE EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX. This is relevant as it may be used to fine-tuning therapeutic
intervention. Matrix modulation has not
been reported for current AWC factors.
(6) MSF EXPRESSION MAY BE SWITCHED ON AND OFF in a reversible fashion.
(7) MSF bioactives INDUCE THE EXPRESSION OF ENDOGENOUS MSF PROTEIN by tissue cells.
COMMERCIAL USPs include:
MANUFACTURING of TRT-8174 and other MSF mimetics is simple and
APPLICATION. Presently available AWC biologics require prolonged and repeated applications at high concentrations. TRT-8174 may require a single or a very small number of applications at very low concentrations.
(10) STERILITY. TRT-8174 and
other synthetic MSF bioactives are very robust, they can be autoclaved without
loss of bioactivity.
STABILITY. TRT-8174 has been stored as a dry powder for years, and in solution for months without loss of activity.
(12) SAFETY of TRT-8174 is anticipated to be good due to the extremely small doses required, topical application and the absence of any biologically-sourced materials (such as serum and cells) in its fabrication or composition. Preliminary pharmacokinetic data indicate probable lack
13) TRT's BUSINESS MODEL. A virtual drug discovery company with intangible assets, possibly using Joint Ventures as the route to market and to minimize costs and risk.
return to home page